1. I wonder why I can't figure out what to do with this prompt. I'm not complaining, mind you; I'm sure it's me. Maybe I'm just too tired.
2. I wonder why I'm so tired. Getting to bed at one in the morning probably has something to do(more) with it; but, I did stay in bed until eight. So, seven hours of rest.
3. I wonder why eight hours is the magic number. I mean, why not go 50/50? Twelve hours awake and twelve hours asleep. That would be tidy, and I bet I wouldn't be tired. Or maybe twenty five percent? Then I would have more time to write. But of all the possibilities, why thirty three and a third percent of a twenty four hour day?
4. I wonder if there's a connection between human beings needing thirty three and a third percent of a day for sleep, and long play records rotating at thirty three and a third RPMs? It seems odd.
5. I wonder how fast CDs spin.
6. I wonder if our society moving from records to CDs represents a rejection of the natural order of the universe, another step towards our complete estrangement from reality and eventual self destruction?
7. I wonder if audiophiles and hipsters rediscovering vinyl represents part of a greater movement back to nature?
8. I wonder if hipsters will become the inheritors of the Earth when the rest of us discover that our heads have spun off from trying to sleep at, like, a thousand RPMs.
9. I wonder if I sleep at higher RPMs will I enjoy more or less REM dream time?
10. I wonder why I'm here; by which I mean, sitting in front of my computer. I shouldn't try to write when I'm this tired.(less)
You won't see me in those pictures, though my smiles vaguely clear.
You won't hear the words of joy ringing all through out your ears.
I won't see your eyes of diamond shining through the crowd.
I won't feel that hair of silk, as you fall asleep int(more)o the clouds.
We won't feel that way again, though we never said "good-bye."
We won't find an answer, though we keep on wondering why. (less)